Friday, May 2, 2008

We All Scream for Ice Cream

Oye! What a week! Curly was out of town at the beginning, it was Grandma Jan's B-day, Logan started with a new OT (LOVE HER!!!) and we had his IEP meeting on Thursday. It was a big one because he needed to be re-evaluted every which way before starting Kindergarten in the Fall. I really liked the new SLP and Sp. Ed teacher and look forward to meeting his new teacher (we are going to miss his pre-school teacher big time!).

We went to a pretty cool Latin American restaurant called Paladar for Grandma's b-day. It was pretty good and was more of a nuevo Latin American cuisine. The chef kindly made chicken tenders and fries for Logan (not on the menu) and Devon feasted on black beans and rice and sweet plantains (I helped her out with those!!! They brought me back to Guat). After dinner we went back to my brother and SIL's house to open presents and have cake and ice cream. Tiffany made this awesome cake called a Hummingbird Cake (??). She said it was Southern.....I said it was AWESOME! Devon just enjoyed the ice cream :) Yummy!
Ahhhh, ice cream soup!
Sweet Logan, my brother and Yukon (he has the big "C" and might not be with them much longer :( )
Logan and his Aunt Bannie
Logan lovin' on Grandpa
Devon had a really cool 1st on Thursday night......Her 1st ice cream truck frozen confection! Boy oh boy did she love it!! Logan of course went for a Spongebob popsicle. I am in so much trouble when they hear that tune-ful truck coming down the street playing that electric circus song. Can I tell you that there are 3 ice cream truck trolling my neighborhood??? Do they take credit???? LOL
Me likey
Me lovey
Me messy!!
Logan Squarepants

7 comments:

Kelly said...

We haven't seen the ice cream truck in a while...do they still have the foot ice cream with the bubble gum in the toe? Those were my fave.We haven't had him stop for Sky yet, maybe the next time I hear the lovely circus music I will. LOL That will be a first. Anyway I love the pics. The kids are getting so big. I will say a little prayer for Yukon. :)

Kristen and the Gang said...

Hey Girl....Just stopped by to say HI and check in on you all!! It looks like everyone is doing great and the kids are as beautiful as ever! Thanks for the smile today...I needed that!

Ruthanne said...

Oh! I just remembered another positive about condo living--no ice cream truck! :) It looks YUMMY, though.

The B-day party looks like fun and you know I'm happy anytime I get to see new pics of those sweet, sweet kids of yours!!!

Carla said...

Love the pics, Tara. I don't think I've ever seen a snapshot of Logan w/o a smile on his face. And Devon is adorable with her popsicle face.

Donna said...

We have ice cream trucks, too - they seem to multiply on us! eeks!
Logan's smile is beautiful and a mile wide - does he ever stop smiling!?! And Devon is growing!! So pretty, I love her pierced ears!
Yukon is beautiful, too and I'm sorry to hear about his health.
;-(
Hummingbird cake? Yeah, I'm googling that one, I'll be back if I don't find it!
(and yes, Hi-5 is the Guatemala show - my kids are addicted to it)!

Dena said...

PRECIOUS!

Our Family of 5 said...

Adorable! Look at that messy ice cream face! Too cute! We had a visit from the ice cream truck too.