Monday, May 26, 2008

Two Zoos and a Beach

Holy Hamburgers! Have we been busy! I'm not complaining.....we've had a blast and I've loved every minute of it.

We started with our 1st zoo adventure with Logan's class to the Akron Zoo. I was so thankful that Curly took the day off from work to join us. He and Logan rode out on the bus and Devon and I drove out in the van. We had so much fun with his friends from school. We've been to the zoo plenty of times but this was the 1st time that Devon "got" that you were there to see animals. She was off the hook jumping up and down in her stroller shreiking "doggy" and "kitty" at all of the animals that were neither doggies or kitties....lol.

On Friday I had a "Girl's Night" and I haven't done that in eons. My BFF's and I went to a salon for mani's and pedi's. I treated myself to French on the nails and toes. I broke my will and had pink and white acrylics put on. I haven't worn them since Logan was born and I looooooove them :)

Hanging in front of the waterfall
Logan and his teacher......tomorrow is his last day of pre-school :(
Mama's little Happy Feet
Soooo cute :)

On Saturday we headed to the Cleveland Zoo for an annual picnic that our adoption agency has. It was so awesome seeing friends that we made on our visit and pick up trips and fellow bloggers. The weather was beautiful! We had a parade behind our country's flag throughout the zoo and then came back to the pavillion to the song "Coming to America" by Neil Diamond. It gave me goosebumps. Devon was a dancing fool! My girl has mooooooves! I was so impressed that our agency invited Dignitaries from Guatemala to see how happy the children and families were. We wanted to put a face to the paperwork, so to speak. Right now, adoptions are on hold for new cases in Guatemala and friends who started before the closing are in a terrible holding pattern waiting to bring their children home. I really hope that it changes for the better. It keeps me up at night thinking about the children who cannot be placed and don't have room in the overflowing orphanages.

Thumbs up for balloons and cotton candy!
Oh pu-leeez! No autographs! LOL
Marching in the parade of nations.
How pretty is she her?
Dancing her sandals off!

I am sooo happy that the weather turned out OK today. They were predicting rain but we ended up dodging it. We took out Uncle Shawn's new boat and caught some rays. We did a little swimming but the water on the lake was still kind of cold from all of the rain and cooler temps in the past weeks. We cooked up and ate, ate, ate!! A few of my favorite things :)

Bathing beauty alert!
Here wanna eat some of this sand?? It's tasty.....NOT!

Logan, Daddy, Aunt Fannie and Uncle Shawn on Unc's new boat. Sweet ride!
Aunt Schell's in the smoking section on the boat
Vogue!

Giggles Devon and Aunt Fannie :)
Well, tomorrow is Logan's last official day of pre-school. I cannot believe that my little man is growing up and on to Kindergarten next year. We have another fun filled week in store and I wouldn't have it any other way :)



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh Tara I just LOVE this whole post! I've read it and looked at the pictures over and over! :) What a buncha fun you guys have been having!!!!! The pictures are all SOOOOOO GOOD!

Kelly said...

You guys look like you had a blasts. It was like Tour De Zoo's..LOL You did visit 2 different zoo's...right? If not just laugh it off I am a bit tired today LOL I love Logan as Happy Feet and I am not looking forward to the first day of kindergarten pics because I will ball my eyes out !!!! Devon is such a beauty!!! I want to go out on that boat...it looks S-U-H-W-E-E-E-E-E-T!!!!

Gwen, Jenny, & Mia said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun at the zoo TWICE! We were at the zoo too over the weekend, the Detroit zoo : ) Isn't funny how they think everything is a cat or dog! Logan looks so cute as a penguin.

Devon is adorable in her little bathing suit. Such a cute family you have, hopefully we will meet at Guatoberfest!

Ruthanne said...

The whole time I was reading this post, I kept thinking, "that's my favorite picture. No wait, THAT'S my favorite picture." I can't decide. Your kids are absolutely adorable in every single shot.
It looks like you guys had a BLAST. Maybe moving to Cleveland wouldn't be so bad after all. :)

PS--ummm.....where's the rest of Curly?? He looks AWESOME

Carla said...

Great post Tara. And great pics too. I just LOVE the pics with Devon and her bright dress. So vibrant... love it! You and Curly look fantastic!!!