Monday, May 19, 2008

Devon's Re-Adoption Day ~~ We're Official!

Exactly 1 year and 3 days from getting out of PGN was Devon's re-adoption ceremony and name change. We officially added Devon to her birth names that have so much meaning to us.

Wow, it was such a beautiful day and what a difference a year can make in your heart. We are beyond blessed to be this sweet child's parents and we love her with every ounce of our souls. To know her is to love her. She's that special and we are that lucky :)
Of course no day would be complete without some Logan-ism's....lol.....so here are a few for ya: He sat in the witness chair and tapped the mic and said “Is this thing on??”. Then he told the judge to “spank her hammer down” (the gavel). She asked him if he was excited that his sister was going to officially be adopted and he answered “Yes judge. I want to be a doctor”. (He wants to be a back Dr.). He can make you smile no matter what.
We were so happy to have Curly's mom and Sis and my Brother and Sister-in-Law there with us to celebrate. Our attorney was none other than my fabulous college roommate. It was so awesome to have such great support.
Afterwards, we went out for an early dinner and my folks met up with us. We went for a little Italian which is one of Devon's favorites.
Ahhhhh, today rocked!! In the parking garage with Daddy. We waited to put her dress on once we got there after experiencing the massive "take off blow out" on our flight home....lol. We are so wise!
So happy!

More in the parking lot....camera happy momma!


Don't they look like they are dancing here?

My Silly Boys

Monkey-ing around on the steps is as fun as you can get in court


Steps are SOOOOOO fun!



Me & Mi Princessa :)

2 Kids trying to bolt from their parents


Aunt Fannie, Logan and Uncle Shawn


Do you love this stink face or what???


All of us


More all of us :)

Pushing down the County Seal as a FAMILY!


Devon's still pushing!


Align Center

We're done!




Outside the court room

I want pizza, pasta, meatballs, cheese and juice please :)




Phew! All of this re-adoption business can wear a girl out!!




9 comments:

Gwen, Jenny, & Mia said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! Loved that Logan said, Yes, Judge I want to be doctor! That is too funny!

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Devon's yellow dress. She is such a beauty! What a great day!

Ruthanne said...

YAY!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! What an AWESOME day!!!! I'm SO happy for you guys!!!
You all look so beautiful/handsome in your yellow!!

Our Family of 5 said...

Many Many hugs and congrats to you all! The pictures are all adorable and you can see the pure joy and happiness on your faces!

Anonymous said...

I AM SOOOOOOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU GUYS!!!! Congratulations!!!!! You guys were absolutely beautiful, Tara! I love all the pictures...they're just wonderful!

Stacey and Dewey said...

CONGRATULATIONS Tara!!!
I have to admit this post made me cry, (happy tears) what an amazing day!! I'm so happy for you!!! How cute is Logan, he is a crack up!! You all look just Beautiful, I love the yellow, so bright and sunny.
What a perfect day!! Congrats again to Devon and your family!

Kelly said...

CONGRATS!!!!! What an awesome day! I just love her dress (Gymboree?) Gotta love the Italian food, she is a doll!!!! Logan cracks me up!

Unknown said...

Congratulations!!! Big day, beautiful pix of your family. Being that we were on pick up together it makes me realize I need to get that re-adoption stuff going!

take care,

MamaGames - Alexa C. said...

Yay! Congratulations again.

It was so nice meeting you guys this weekend!

You can come visit us at our little internet home here: http://piseco.homeschooljournal.net

Mindy said...

HURRAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a HAPPY, HAPPY day! You all look sooooooo beautiful! Love it:-) Give me call sometime soon...have some things I want to "discuss" with you. ROFL.
Hugs