Thursday, May 29, 2008

My PreSchool Graduate & TV Stars

For weeks now Logan would wake up and ask me if it was summer yet. He asked countless times "Monny, when I come home from school will it be summer?" Well, summer is finally here. Logan is an official preschool graduate. I am excited that he has a few weeks off before starting what we call in the special ed world ESY or Extended School Year. Logan and his teacher for the past 3 years. We are going to miss her! She helped Logan so, so much.


His teacher opening up the gift from the class. We got her and the classroom aide gift certificates to the local outlet mall and a picture of the class with all of the kids' names on the matte.

Back in February I attended a luncheon/auction for one of the places that Logan receives therapy at and attends summer classes at called Hattie Larlham. Hattie is an incredible place that does SO much for so many kids. Many of them are profoundly disabled. One of the "items" up for auction was to have your kids be a "Bus Stop Forcast Kid"......basically the kids are shown on the weather at our NBC affliate so people know how to dress for the day. Well, I bidded (that word looks weird??) on the auction and won! Today was our filming at the station for the "Summer Fun Kids". I went to great lengths to plan their outfits and props and it all went by so fast. Logan did AWESOME! Devon....not so much. She did NOT want to stay on the white background and when she did, she just cried. Oh well. Such is life. At one point, Logan said "Baby sister is done"......lol. He knows how to call it!

The spots are going to start airing on June 8th and run through August. The station manager said that he would send a VHS tape in a few weeks so. He also gave us a tour and Logan and Devon got to sit behind the news desk. It was really fun and cool.

Logan with his dino umbrella and Devon skipping town....lol.

Why can't we film on the morning show set??


Momma's "Anchorman" with Devon and Daddy being silly in the background.

Since we were downtown, we decided to hit a Cleveland Central American restaurant called "La Feliz Tortilla (aka The Happy Tortilla). It was sooooo freakin' yummy. My mojito was out of this world and so was the food :) Devon gobbled up the fried plantains and frijoles. Daddy and Logan had a Cubano sandwich and I had a tamale (came steamed in a banana leaf) and enchiladas done on a round crispy tortilla with red sauce, cabage and eggs. Way yummy! We will be back.

Dude, where's my food???



My boy loves his salt!

Devon kept saying "Happy" when she was eating her plantains. She DOES look happy, huh?


Lordie Lou, is this schtuff gooooood!


14 comments:

Ruthanne said...

FUN!!! I wish I lived close enough to see those fun weather forecasts! I'm SO glad Logan did a good job. Poor Devon--doesn't she know how cute she is?? She should be in front of the camera!

The food looks YUMMY!! My fried plantains look JUST like that--how come they taste so bad?!? lol

Anonymous said...

Devon and Logan are adorable...and those plantains are making my mouth water! Great Pictures!

Timberly
www.dawsondaetonemmyella.blogspot.com

Donna said...

EEks! It's been forever since I've been to your blog, I had a lot of catching up to do!

LOVE the readoption photos and the amazingly well-coordinated outfits! You rocked that out! Congrats (we're still waiting for ours any day now!).

CUTE, Cute, cute anchor/weatherman!! (and again, CUTE outfits!!)

MamaGames - Alexa C. said...

Looks like you guys have had a very busy few days! I love the weather-kid opportunity & I can see my BabyGirl fleeing the scene too.

And, hmm, since we're already planning next year's trip to Cleveland, I'll have to hunt down La Feliz Tortilla!

lovingourtwoguys said...

Tara, your kids are so beautiful!! I love to hear of their latest and greatest adventure. (I finally figured out my Google password and how to comment on blogs - SO not kidding, but wish I was. Welcome to 2008, huh??)

Anonymous said...

Tara I LOOOOVE these pictures!!! Congrats on being out of school AND the awesome photoshoot! I would LOVE to see them in action on the news! Did you decide if we should go eat there while we're there???? It looks MIGHTY YUMMY! :)

Amy S. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy S. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gwen, Jenny, & Mia said...

I wish I got to see them forcaste the weather! That is so cool! I bet Logan will be the talk of the town.

Have I told you lately how adorable your kids are, well they are.

I am so diappointed you won't be at Guatoberfest, I really wanted to meet you : ( maybe next year?

Stacey and Dewey said...

How fun for the kids to get to be on TV. Isn't that how it always works, you plan every last detail and then you get tears. Oh well still fun and great memories. Oh and that restaurant sounds yummers!! You can't beat a good Mojito!
Have a great weekend!!
Stacey

Kelly said...

How fun for Logan and Devon!!! I wish I could have been a forecast kid...that is awesome!!! Your kiddos smiles just make me smile LOL So cute!!!

Mindy said...

SO AWESOME! I am so happy for your kiddo's that they get to be famous now. ROFL. AND CONGRATS LOGAN! What an awesome little man you are. Can't wait to see you guys at Kayla's party and it was fun hanging out with you at Christian's. Tell Logan I might get out MY bubble maker so he can have a conversation with me about it again. OH...and would you send me a Vera Bradley purse? Or how about some new jewelry. HAHAHAHA ROFL. Love you girl...

Unknown said...

HOW FUN!!! If you are able to get it on a dvd, you should post it for us! You have some of the cutest kiddos!!

Amy S. said...

Hi Tara.

Was wondering where you were? Hope all is well. How is the summer going so far with Logan. I know its early...but was wondering if he is going to keep busy.

Love and Hugs....