Saturday, April 19, 2008

Sunny Days.....Everything is A-OK :)

First, I wanted to say thank you to all of the wonderful people that posted and emailed me about the JERK bus driver. Curly called the next day and filed a complaint with the head of transportation. I couldn't do it because I was WAY too emotional and would have jut blubbered on the phone. They were appalled and even the regular (and NICE) driver apologized for his actions. My sweet friend Ruthanne wrote an awesome social story that we are now reading to Logan. I've also pulled out the old ones on appropriate bus behavior.


The weather here in Cleveland has been A-W-E-S-O-M-E! Curly took the day off on Friday and we worked in the yard together. Ahhhh, we have so much to do and are both horticulturally challenged (can I get an IEP for that???). My dad, who is one green thumbed dude, came over and helped Curly take down a tree that had roots that were starting to foul up our stamped concrete patio that we had put in a few years ago. I was inside with my mom and the kids and I heard Devon say "PaPa Monkey". I looked outside to see my dad IN the tree. No, he was not wearing work boots but Birkenstocks.
Doesn't it look like Curly is flying a kite here?? Nope. Just making sure that the tree landed in the yard and not on our roof! LOL Thank goodness my dad was over to direct this deal or we would be filing a claim with our home owner's insurance company right about now! LOL
So pretty in her dress :) She can wear them now that she is walking. It's too hard when they are crawling because they get all stuck and jumbled up.
OK, this is a close up of my son wearing nail polish (yep you read that right!) as lip stick. I polished my toes for literally the 1st time in months so I could wear sandals without being mocked by the fashion police. I made the mistake and left it on the kitchen counter. Curly walked in to seeing Logan applying it to his lips and saying "Look Daddy. I'm pretty!".

Mommy's sunshine sweetie :)
Logan driving grandma's Prius. Funny thing with this car is that since it is a Hybrid it doesn't make noise when it is on. Good thing he didn't drop it into "D".
Dancing to "We Did It" ala Dora.
Can you hear me now?? Wearing brother's socks as ear muffs because it grosses mommy out.
Touching Mommy's Laptop......things that will get you in a time out for sure! I'm pretty easy going but touching my buttons PUSHES my buttons!
Can you get over this Vogue pose?? Eat your heart out Madonna!



9 comments:

Ruthanne said...

LOVE the lipstick, Logan---that's your color!!

Has Devon grown like 6 inches since I saw her a month ago?? Holy cow! She looks like a little girl. Where'd your baby go?!? Those dresses are just too cute.

Anonymous said...

Holy cow Tara Devon looks ALL GROWN UP in that pink dress! I am not used to seeing her walking yet. LOL She is SO cute! And Logan is VERY pretty. He has the right idea. I bet that lipstick wouldn't have to be reapplied all day! :) I'm so glad Curly took action on the jerk AND that Papa Monkey (this amazes me that she could make that connection AND say it!!!!! LOL) was there to save the day! :)

Carla said...

Adorable blog post, Tara. OMG, Logan's lips! Sammy did the same thing w/nail polish, but on his eyelashes. Devon is beautiful in yellow, btw. Love the Hottie Tottie pose.

Gwen, Jenny, & Mia said...

I bet Curly was so happy to see Logan with lipstick on - and not even lipstick, but nail polish as lipstick! He is such a cutie and especially in his glasses!

Love Devon in yellow she is such a beauty!

Your parents sound cool, they drive a prius and your dad wears Birkenstocks?!? too cool!

Kelly said...

OMG, I love your dad up in the tree LOL Your kids are tooo cute. I love the Vogue pose, what a diva and could her outfits be any cuter!

Heidi said...

I just came across your blog. Your kids are adorable! Love the Madonna pose and your dad in the tree! And how horrible is that bus driver? I would contact the principal or whoever the driver's boss is.

Stacey and Dewey said...

I'm so happy to hear that there are more people then just me that are green thumb challenged. I planted my garden THREE times last year before I gave up. Love love the Vogue pose, you just can't learn that to early :) How do you get fingernail polish off lips? Do you have to use fingernail remover? OUCH!! (I might need to know for future reference)
Have a great week
STacey

Our Family of 5 said...

Ok, where did time go? In Atlanta Devon seemed so small. Look at her now, she is turning in to such a big girl. And how cute does she look in yellow? Glad to hear that Bus Driver got reprimanded. And Mr. Logan how sweet is he even with red fingernail polish lips=)

Donna said...

HI there embassy buddy!! Yes, my guys are so big and grown up! But I disagree with all these other commenters, Devon still looks like a little precious beautiful baby girl to me!! Well, maybe the vogue pose aged her some! Too cute!
Thanks for stopping by, good to "see" you again!