Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy 4th of July -- The Eagle has landed!

The 1st part of my title is self-explanatory, the 2nd part is something that I am pretty excited about. We've decided to move forward and hire a searcher in GC to search for Devon's 1st Mom. We put together some of our favorite pictures (like 40) and wrote her a letter, trying to tell her everything we'd think that she'd want to know. We also included a list of questions that we have or that Devon might have when she is older. As an adoptee with no family history or information, I think we are doing the right thing for Devon. I wanted to take this step now because I imagine that finding her might be harder the longer we wait. I put it all together yesterday and dropped the package off at FedEx. I just got an email that it arrived in Antigua today! My fingers are crossed so tightly that they might break :) I don't know what she will want in terms of contact and I don't want to get my hopes up....but I can't help it!

Today was a gorgeous day! After days of rain, we woke up to blue and sunny skies. We got the wagon decorated and watched the parade down our main street plus got loads of candy. After that we followed the parade down to the marina to meet up with our friends and family. This year they had a bounce house and bounce slide, a cook-out and cotton candy. Logan was thrilled with the bounce slide! He was so cute! Aunt Fanny secretly wanted to go on so she "pretended" that Devon wanted to try it out.....lol. Turns out, Devon loved it and Aunt Fanny had to go again and again. She's a trooper.

After the parade/marina business we headed out onto Uncle Shawn's boat for some holiday fun at "Boater's Beach". We heard a hillarious country song while we were there called "Redneck Yacht Club". I'll tell ya, it kind of fits our crew down there.....lol.

Since today was so full, we are going to watch fireworks tomorrow night.

I hope everyone had a safe and happy 4th!




This is what "Sugar Lips" look like.


I swear this bottle was empty and capped. It was just a funny pic!
Devon enjoying her Forever Family Day Tres Leches cake that momma made.

8 comments:

Ruthanne said...

What a fun, fun day. It looks like the kids had a TON of fun...and the cake sounds YUMMY!

Mindy said...

HAPPY BELATED FOREVER FAMILY DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's amazing isn't it!? Your 4th pics are awesome. Looks like you had a super good day! Love you guys!
Hugs

Gwen, Jenny, & Mia said...

I am so happy for you for searching for Devon's first mother. If we EVER get out G884 back we will be searching too. Keep us posted on how it goes.

Looks like you guys had a great 4th! I can't believe Devon went down that slide, she is a daring little girl!

Donna said...

Happy belated anniversary!! Devon is getting so big and so adorable! We're getting ready to start our search, too. conratulations and good luck!

Kelly said...

I am so excited to follow you in this journey when we can afford it I want to search for Sky's birthMom. I think it is so important to do it now too. I feel like you do in that it will be easier now than later. Devon is getting so big!!!She is so gorgeous!!!

Susan said...

Great pics of your BE Utiful kiddos. What is the drinking age in OH :)? It is a cute picture. Happy anniversary!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY Forever Family Day!!!!! And I am soooo excited you're doing the search! I cannot wait until it's complete! :) The pictures of the 4th are unbelievably adorable. I want to squish her to pieces (ok I'll get to SOON...woohooo). And Logan is adorable. It looks like such a fun time there.

Carla said...

Wow, am I behind on your posts! Love this post. Everyone looks like they're having so much fun. Happy FF Day, Devon & family. Love the Corona shot!