Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Was Monday Really the End of Summer?

Labor Day is the typical marker for the end of summer. Mind you, Logan's been back to school for a few weeks now, my mom's been back to work and nighttime comes earlier now. But Labor Day makes is more real.

On one hand, it seems like just yesterday that I was working on Devon's room before she came home and timing my day by the sound of the lifeguard's whistle from the newly opened for the season pool in our backyard. But it also seems like moons ago that we were getting Logan ready to start camp as we packed for Guatemala. There have been so many great days and so many hard days between then and now. Maybe I'm feeling nostalgic because Monday also marked 2 months of becoming a forever family here in Ohio. Maybe it's because, although it is darn hot, I'm not ready to say goodbye to the sun and get ready for the winter to come.

Regardless of what it is, I would not replace this calm in my heart for more days at the beach or after dinner runs out for ice cream. It's OK that summer is coming to an end because our family has new memories to make. There's Halloween and Christmas and all of the ordinary days in between that I am thankful for. There is so much to look forward to on days you least expect it.



Logan striking a pose in from of Uncle Shawn's boat. (I turned this into an 8x10 for his newly designed Big Boy room with pictures to follow in a few days)

My little Beach Baby splashing to her heart's content

Curly schoolin' the "kids" in Boccie (It truly is an Old Italian Man's game...lol

So beautiful & amazing even when covered in sand

Logan 1st time playing Boccie. Watch out Rome, NY. Daddy's got a protege!

6 comments:

Our Family of 5 said...

Awwww, they are adorable! I guess you got the pc fixed? lol

Ruthanne said...

You have SO many good things to look forward to this year...you're not even going to care if it's cold outside! How cute will Devon look in the snow????

Anonymous said...

Tara I love these pictures and I completely agree with you on the new memories part! I am so sad summer is over, but I'm so excited about all the upcoming great things fall and winter bring. :) What lucky mamas we are!

Kristen and the Gang said...

Welcome back to CYBERWORLD!!! We missed you!!!
If we think back to where we all were just 1 year ago ......I can't believe how truly blessed we are!!!
I hope your next year is a magical one with those beautiful kiddos!!
P.S. I just knew...one of you came from NY...I could just tell..lol! Maybe it was the last name!

JuJu - said...

I ADORE that bikini :)

Unknown said...

Love the pictures! New memories, here we all come!!!