Monday, March 3, 2008

Soooooo Excited for March 4th!




To divert a little from my typical Mommy Musings......


Those of you that know me personally know that I love politics. Not just semi-interested. I really, really get into this stuff. Some people like sports. I like Hardball.

As a life long Democrat (well except for that one time I voted for Ross Perot after what clearly was the ill effect of too much indulgence at a college "penny beer" night) I am so stoked for Barack Obama. What he has said to me as a voter, Ohioan, Mom, person who truly does have HOPE has inspired me.

I will admit that he wasn't my 1st choice. I was planning on caucusing for either Bill Richardson (STRONG on foreign policy) or John Edwards (INCREDIBLE health plan especially mental health parity which hurts my checkbook every day). Well, you all know that they are both out and still haven't formally endorsed a candidate. Curly and I have been studying and researching and clinging to every detail of both viable camaigns. We can say without a doubt that Barack is our choice.

Ohio is a pretty exciting place to live during an election cycle if you like politics. I think I just need to start answering my phone (that rings nearly every 10 minutes) with "Santilli residence: Obama supporters"....lol. Now if I could get them to only call when Devon wasn't napping! LOL

I'm excited that my yard signs and bumper stickers finally came in the mail today :) I'm off to get my car washed so they stick for (hopefully) the next 4 or better yet 8 years!

4 comments:

Ruthanne said...

That's the cutest little Democrat I've ever seen!!

Natalie said...

LOL Tara! Devon is so adorable! I was thinking about you this afternoon as I was listening to some new coverage of the Ohio caucus today. While I knew you were a democrat (the shirt says it all ;-) I was wondering about whether you were a Clinton or Obama girl. Thanks for satisying my curiousity!

Nat

Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree with Ruthanne more!!! :D

Stacey and Dewey said...

Tara, I stumbled across your blog looking at "Blogs for a cause". I love your title. I live in Southern Utah where I am a Democrat Minority. I'm pretty sure I'm outnumbered 1000 to 1. So I'm Democrat starved, I loved your Obama post. You have a darling little mini-dem.
Best Wishes
Stacey