Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Boating with Friends

I am happy to report that Devon's GI Scope went well yesterday. The Dr. did not see anything obvious but he did take some biopsies. We will know those results in about 3 weeks. Poor bug was so tired and worn out yesterday.

We were so lucky to get the chance to relax with our friends Ruthanne and Andrew and my brother and sister-in-law last night. Ruthanne was so nice and picked up authentic Philly hoagies and cheesesteaks for us. Oh my gosh....they rocked! I truly never realized that there was a difference between a hoagie and cheesesteak, but like a fine wine we compared and contrasted their tasting notes.....lol. Let's just say that I was chowing down the scraps again at 10pm. After dinner, we cruised around the lake on Shawn's boat. It was Andrew's first boat trip and I'm pretty sure that he like it. They spent the night and Andrew slept like a champ. Logan woke up with a fever and tummy bug in the morning and Ruthanne and Andrew watched him for me while I took Devon to OT. I owe her BIG TIME!

Here are some pics from our 3 hour tour.....a 3 hour tour (just kidding).

Devon driving the boat with Unc Shawn

The cutest little skipper :)


"I look speed in the face and laugh!"

We call this one "Windblown"


More funny hair

"My name is Logan and the world is my urinal"

8 comments:

Ruthanne said...

We had SUCH a GREAT time with you guys!!! Andrew LOVED the boat ride and Logan was an angel this morning. I'm so glad I was there to help out. :)

Anonymous said...

Love the boating pics!!!!!

Kelly said...

LOL I almost peed in my pants. God how I wish the world was my urinal.LOL Love the pics.

I am keeping sweet girl in my prayers.

I think its awesome about Devon's BM , I am so torn on whether or not to do it. Ralph and I have 2 very different opinions. Oh well I will get my way eventually LOL

Our Family of 5 said...

Love all the pictures! Logan is a cutie pie! Seeing him always puts a smile on my face!!
I am glad Devon's GI came back ok. By the look of them smiles, she looks like she loves the boat!

Nikki said...

ahaha, love the last picture!!

Nikki
www.madebynikki.blogspot.com for blog design updates!

Gwen, Jenny, & Mia said...

So glad Devon's GI scope went well. LOVE Andrews face on the boat! It is priceless! Devon's hair is so funny too and Logan peeing outside - you are too much! I love that you took a pic of Logan peeing outside : )

Stacey and Dewey said...

What a fun little day!!! Good friends, family and boating, you just can't beat that. Darling pics!!!
Fingers crossed for good news on Devons tests.
And big congrats on finding her BM. I'm sure it will be information Devon will treasure always.
Happy monday
Stacey

Vanessa said...

Logan is so going to give you a hard time forever about you posting that photo!! LOL!! Glad Devon's test went well!! i know how you feel because my DD is 2 and still does not eat table food and poor thing has been through the ringer! We did the GI test and nothing!! Now they're thinking it's a textural issue! We'll see! All I can say is thank God for Pedia sure!