Thursday, August 16, 2007

A Bad Day for Teeth at Casa de Santilli





My issues with teeth started a little after midnight, then again at 3am and once more at 6am. Devon is teething...BIG TIME! A right of passage in babyhood and mommyhood. I know that she is hurting because when she cries, real tears are pouring out. Poor thing. Tylenol is a no-no since she is on the INH meds so we've been going the homeopathic route. As Dr. Phil says "so how's that workin' for ya??" Not so much.

This mamma's tooth drama doesn't end there. Today was Logan's 6 month check-up at the dentist. Nope, it ain't a pretty scene. I usually go with help....Grandma or Dad. Not today. I went at it alone and brought Devon along for good measure. How did it go you ask?? I've decided how I could become a millionaire....open a bar next to the pediatric dentist that offers unlimited tequila shots for moms that make it out alive.

It started out sort of OK. Logan wanted to bring his swimming tubes in with us. I'm all for looking weird for the sake of making it through an event. Once we made it in the room, he FREAKED. He hid behind the chair and tried to convince us that Baby Sister should go instead (Come on, dude. She has 1 tooth! LOL). The dentist (who is the nicest woman on earth and probably should wear a hockey mask next time) helped me drag him out. We made it through the cleaning but doubtfully didn't instill confidence in the waiting toddlers that were next in line. No cavities were found today (YEAH!!!) but she did suggest as Logan grows bigger that we put him under, do all x-rays, fillings and apply some super duper cavity defying polymer on his teeth. Sounds like a party.
Tomorrow is a new day :)

Whaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!

Check out my pretty new "pearly white"!

3 comments:

Ruthanne said...

WOW!! That's all I can say, WOW!!!
You are a brave, brave woman. SO glad Logan didn't have any cavities. I like the dentist's idea--sounds easier for him (and her. lol).
Devon's little tooth is SO cute. Poor little girl---hope you find something that works for her soon.
Do you want me to get the super-duper tube of prescription tooth gel that they had in Guat??? LOL

Ruthanne said...

I forgot to say that the "Tooth Fairy" picture is one of the funniest I've ever seen!!!!

Mindy said...

Oh girl...I know it has to be tougher with Logan but Alec has shear MELTDOWNS at the Dentist. I took him about a month ago ALONE with MIKAYLA and wanted to shoot myself. It was Baaaaad. I need a shot and MORE. I was like "where is the laughing gas...it might help ME get through this." Mikayla was mad, Alec was mad...and other mother's just looked at me with the "thank GOD that's not me look." And we even go to a pedi dentist that plays video's on the ceiling. And it wasn't his first time. He has a cavity but the DR said OH WELL...until it hurts him he sees no need in putting him through the trauma of getting it filled since it's not bad at all.

So get this...no one TOLD ME ABOUT TYLENOL ON INH so I gave it to Mikayla several times until I FINALLY figured out NO Tylenol. Mikayla just broke her last of the first 8 teeth the other day...she had two that had JUST come in Guat so we have had our fair share of teething. The Hylands tablets were a WASTE for us. Didn't work. Nada. I have to give her Motrin sometimes and I am NOT keen on medicating my kids but hey...I was thinking...she is on INH..what could Motrin possibly do. GEESE. So anyways we do that and sounds so cliche but I really do throw her teething toys in the freezer and she LOVES it. It numbs her gums and makes her happy.

Also wanted to say thnk you for all the support Tara. I think I would win an award today for "darkest circles and bags under eyes on earth." Oh well!

Love Ya!