Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Today is One Month Home!

While we were stuck in process, I'd hear people say that once they were home all of that worry and sadness vanished. It's true! It melted away as soon as she was in our arms. I cannot believe that it has been a month already. A month in PGN or waiting for Pre-Approval felt like lifetime. We really do feel like she has always been here.

Having Devon home with us is truly the BEST feeling in the world. We love her so much....words cannot even describe it. Every time I see her sweet little smile or watch her fall asleep at night, I lose my breath. She has been a dream come true. Logan adores her. To watch them play together and laugh is so cool. She is his biggest fan! I've also made some incredible and unforgettable friends during our process to bring Devon home. Some are far away (but only a phone call or email away) and some live close by.....the one thing is that they will be lifelong :)

I love being the mom to my two beautiful children. Yes, it is challenging at times but oh so worth every second.

Here are some pictures of sweet Devon over the past month. Ahhhhh, I love this little girl!!










6 comments:

Ruthanne said...

Tara!! I love, love, love the picture of the three of you in Guatemala. I never saw that one before. Can you photoshop Logan into it so it will be complete? lol
The picture of her in the pool, in that hat, is too cute. And I love the one of her sitting on the sofa in the flowered outfit. She looks so old there.
Logan hugging Devon is such a sweet picture.

Anonymous said...

I love it Tara!! HAPPY ONE MONTH HOME with your gorgeous little sweetie pie!

Our Family of 5 said...

Tara she is just beautiful!! Happy one month Home!

Mindy said...

ONE MONTH! WOW..she sure is the princess isn't she? Love it. Love her. Love Logan. Love is the word of the night. It was great talking to you tonight. Call anytime. Hope I could help you out with the info.
Luv Ya!
Mindy

Amy said...

You have a new blog!!!! Happy one month home, cannot believe we're right behind you! It's crazy and SO wonderful! You're right, it's tough but at the end of the day or with one of those sweet smiles they make it all worth it!

Candy said...

Hey girly both of your children are DOLLS...Kelly let me in on your BLOG link...Happy One Month Home...Hugs Candy and Kya Blu